Duduk Professional Armenian supplied with two reed-ghamishes and cases. The best choice for professional stage musician. Made of mountain wild apricot wood harvested from Armenian mountains. Have really magical timbre, 440 Hz, A Key, Tenor. If you are beginner we offer you to order duduk soft reeds.
The tuning is basically untempered and diatonic, though chromatic notes may be obtained by partially covering the finger holes.
Duduks we offer on EthnicTune.com, specially handcrafted to render accurate & great sounding. You’ll be amazed to find the incredible tonal quality of our duduk with extreme accuracy in studio atmosphere and stage.
Why to buy duduk from EthnicTune.com:
- We produce very limited quantity of Armenian wind instruments, which are made exclusively from very rare wild infertile apricot wood harvested from Armenian mountains.
- Annually production is arround 100-120 instruments. It is not possible to produce more, as we are not able to find more wood, and the process is very expensive.
- Has a sharpest timbre and true 440 Hz tuning.
- We offer the best price for quality.
- EthnicTune cooperates with the best duduk reed makers, who produce double-reeds by recommendations of our professional musicians.
- We, at EthnicTune, check every piece of reed and tube for quality of tone, tuning and overall quality and beauty of instrument.
- Respected and played by some of the best musicians in the world today, Professional duduks from Ethnictune workshop are the best in the business.
- We are using the best packing techniques and we have 100% delivery success.
Sound demonstration of our professional duduk on youtube:
The duduk mouthpiece (Ghamish) is manufactured from a reed which in a very durable process is flattened on the sides into a double reed (ideal distance approx. 1.5 mm) and can be tightened or loosened by means of a wooden clamp. This allows a minimal correction of the pitch range of 1/4 of a note. The ghamishes are between 7.5 and 11 cm. long and up to about 3 cm wide. The reeds are available in different strengths (light, medium and heavy). A wooden cap is part of the mouthpiece, which can be placed on the upper end of the Ghamish, in order to protect the reeds from damage.
What you will get:
- Duduk Tuned to A 440 Hz, Tenor (Contact us if you need 442 Hz)
- 2 High Quality Reeds, made of high quality bamboo with leather slips (Contact us, if you need more reeds)
- Soft case with traditional ornaments
- Harder case (bigger case with zip), where you can put your duduk and 2 reeds. Very comfortable for transportation.
You can consider to visit wikipedia to find more details about this amazing aerophone.