Order geniune Armenian duduk directly from our workshop!
Our Professional Duduk (tsiranapogh) comes with 2 tuned reeds and 2 cases (one simple case and harder case with zip). The best choice for professional stage musician. Duduk made of mountain wild apricot wood harvested from Armenian mountains. Reeds for duduk made of bamboo wood which we import from Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh). Instrument have really magical velvet timbre, 440 Hz or 432 Hz, A Key, Tenor.
Duduk we offer on EthnicTune.com, specially handcrafted to render accurate and great sound. You’ll be amazed to find the incredible tonal quality of our duduk with extreme accuracy in studio atmosphere and stage. The tuning is basically untempered and diatonic, though chromatic notes may be obtained by partially covering the finger holes.
Why to buy duduk professional from EthnicTune.com:
- We produce very limited quantity of Armenian music instruments, which are made exclusively from very rare wild infertile apricot wood harvested from Armenian mountains.
- Has a beautiful velvet timbre.
- We offer the best price for quality.
- Our workshop cooperates with the best reed makers, who produce double-reeds by recommendations of our professional musicians.
- We, at EthnicTune, check every piece of reed and tube for quality of tone, tuning and overall quality and beauty of instrument.
- Our duduks respected and played by the best musicians in the world today.
- We are using the best packing techniques and we have 100% delivery success.
The mouthpiece (Ghamish) is created from a reed which in a very long process of flattening on the sides into a double reed (ideal distance approx. 1.5 mm) and can be tightened or loosened by means of a wooden clamp. This allows a minimal correction of the pitch range of 1/4 of a note. The duduk reeds are between 7.5 and 11 cm. long and up to about 3 cm wide. The reeds are available in different strengths (light, medium and heavy). A wooden cap is part of the mouthpiece, which can be placed on the upper end of the Ghamish, in order to protect the reeds from damage.
In the box:
- Duduk Professional A 440 Hz, Tenor (Contact us if you need Hz tuning customization)
- 2 High Quality Reeds, made of highest quality bamboo with leather slips (Contact us, if you need more reeds)
- Soft case with traditional ornaments
- Harder case (bigger case with zip), where you can put your duduk and 2 reeds. Very comfortable for transportation.
The creation of tsiranapogh is a routine work that lasts more than 2 years. Simple instrument is capable of playing complex tunes. Music of Armenian people tells about the history and the tragedies. Tsiranapogh is a national pride, value, which has become a card of the country and the people. Opinions differ on exactly how old it is – Western researchers suggest the instrument is about 1,500 years old, but here in Armenia, we believe to date back to 1,200 BC.