Partha Sarkar was started learning Bansuri from his father Sri Kumud Rajan Sarkar, at the age of seven. Later on, he received guidance from his father’s guru Pt. Jugal Kishore Sarkar, and since the year 2003, he have been a disciple of Padmavibhushan Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia at Vrindavana Gurukul, Mumbai.
He is an ex-senior residential scholar of ITC Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata, from 2011-2014 and studied Hindustani classical music there, under the tutelage of Pt Ulhas Kashalkar (Hindustani classical vocalist) and Pt Partha Chatterjee (Hindustani classical sitarist).
He was performed in various prestigious music festivals in India as a solo player from the tender age of 12. Since the year 2005, he have been accompanying his Guru Pt Hariprasad Chaurasiaji in his concerts as a second flutist.
He taught Indian classical music to students from different parts of the world as well as India, in Vrindaban Gurukul, Mumbai and in Kolkata. Also he taught and have been invited to conduct a workshop (lecture-demonstration) on Hindustani classical flute at Chinmaya Naada Bindu, Pune, for a 2-month (March-April 2012) period of time and at Sadhana Nritya Sangeet Vidyalaya, Institute for Dance and Hindustani Classical Music, Mulund, Mumbai.
Achievements and Awards:
- Performed in front of the President of India, Pratibha Patil, and other ministers in 2010 in Tripura at Darbar Hall, Raj Bhavan, on invitation of Govt. of Tripura, Information & Cultural Affairs Department.
- ICCR empanelled artist since March 2017.
- AIR B-High graded artiste.
- Stood all India 2nd in Flute in 17th National Youth Festival, 2012, organized by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India.
- Got distinction marks (83.75%) in the 7th year examination authorized by Bangiya Sangeet Parishad in the year 2007-2008 (affiliated by Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata) as well as was conferred “Sangeet Ratna” in flute from Bangiya Sangeet Parishad for completing 7th year successfully (affiliated by Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata).
- Selected as best performer by Indian Music Academy in IDEA Jalsa competition in West Zone – 2009.
- Best performer award conferred by SPICMACAY, Silchar, Assam-1998.
Important Performances with Guruji, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, as second flutist:
- Accompanied Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia at NCPA -Tata theatre, Mumbai.
- Golpark Ramkrishna Mission, Kolkata.
- Taj Mahal Festival, Agra.
- The Konark festival, Orissa.
- IIT Mangalore, organised by SPICMACAY, etc. to name a few.
Important Solo and Duet performances:
- Solo performance at Saptak Annual Music Festival 2017 in January 2017.
- Solo performance at DD Girnar on January 7, 2017, 9:00 p.m.
- Solo performance at Krishnanagar Annual Music Festival in June 2016.
- Solo performance at a music school in Krishnanagar, WB, in March 2016.
- Solo performance at Creanara Morning Concert in January 2016 in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Collaborated with RAINBOW, a Kolkata-based western, Hindustani, and Carnatic fusion band, and performed on 3rd and 4th Oct-2014, at Whitefield Cultural Association and Phoenix Marketcity in Bangalore .
- Performed at FESTIVAL D’ILE DE FRANCE on 13th Sept-2014, in collaboration with Nrityagram, in Paris.
- Jugalbandi (duet) with Saquet Sahu (AIR A-graded violin exponent) at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, in July 2014.
- Fusion with Pt. Purbayan Chatterjee, sitar maestro, in Raipur, Chattisgarh, in December 2013, for the occasion of Oath Ceremony of Chief Minister of Chattisgarh.
- Collaborated with Kolkata-based Carnatic Classical and Fusion group, Layavinyas of Vidwan N. Shankar, mridangam maestro.
- Jugalbandi (duet) with Ratan Bharti (AIR A-graded Mohan Veena exponent) at Ramkrishna Mission in Arunachal Pradesh and Lamding Music Festival respectively in January 2014.
- Solo recital at Tripura Govt. Music Festival, Agartala, Tripura, in November 2013.
- Toured in Germany and Holland from August 15th 2012 to November 10th 2012.
- Performed solo at Kalaateet Festival 2012 (got invitation as one of the prestigious first batch of artists, being the first music festival for the young & talented artists organized by Chinmaya Naada Bindu) on 7th April 2012, at Powai, Pune.
- Collaborated with Tal Tantra, an internationally acclaimed ethno-fusion group, of tabla exponent Pandit Tanmoy Bose.
- Performed jugalbandi (duet) with Joy Guha (Hindusthani Classical Mandola exponent) at Bhawanipur Sangeet Sammelan in 2011.
- Performed solo at Idea Jalsa, Zee TV, in 2009.
- Performed solo at India International Centre, New Dehli.
- Performed solo for D.D. Bharati, New Dehli; D.D. Guwahati; D.D. Agartata and D.D. Silchar.
- Jugalbandi (duet) performance with my brother Siddhartha Sarkar (violin exponent) at Nad Brinda organised by Pt. Kumar Bose.
- Solo at St. Xavier youth festival organised by IMG.
- Solo at NCPA, Little Theatre, organised by NCPA, Mumbai.
Ara Dinkjian is an Armenian born in the United States in 1958. His earliest professional musical experience was accompan […]
Alfred Roubenovich “Avet” Terterian was an Armenian composer, awarded the Konrad Adenauer Prize. Terterian composed eigh […]
Holly Throsby is a songwriter, musician and novelist from Sydney, Australia. She has released five critically acclaimed […]
Sally Seltmann was born as Sally Mary Russell on 11 September 1975 and grew up in Sydney as the fourth of six children. […]
Sarah Blasko is the stage name of Sarah Elizabeth Blaskow who was born on 23 September 1976 and grew up in Sydney. Her f […]